24-hour Roadside Assistance Services (RAS) are rendered to cars that cannot be driven due to mechanical or electrical failures. RAS is provided to AA Members under the membership entitlement and are governed by AA service policy and terms and conditions. AA reserves the right to amend the service policy and terms and conditions.
Services provided cover the following:
- Standard towing, where standard towing refer to the use of the tow-truck’s recovery fork to lift the two front wheels of the passenger car off the ground.
- Changing of flat tyres (replacement with member’s spare tyre)
- Petrol top-up
- Battery replacement
- In the event that the car cannot be restarted at breakdown location, it will be towed to a workshop of the member’s choice. Depending on the membership category, fees may be waived under the membership’s entitlement.
- Members, or their appointed representatives, are required to accompany the tow truck. This is to facilitate the handing over of the vehicle at the workshop premises as well as to prevent any misunderstanding pertaining to damages, missing items etc.
- For breakdowns on expressways, including slip roads, straight tow will be provided for safety reasons irrespective of the cause of the breakdown.
- AA Members are entitled to waiver of RAS fees for Singapore-registered passenger cars with valid road tax. Taxis, motorcycles, light goods (G-plate) and rented vehicles are not entitled to roadside assistance services.
- AA is under no obligation to replace or provide any part(s) to the broken-down vehicle.
- In the event that repair parts, battery replacement and/or petrol top-up is required to restart the car, any cost incurred will be borne by the members.
- Members are required to bear any fees in the course of attending to their cars, ie. car park fees, ERP charges, entry fees (eg: entry to Sentosa) etc.
VERIFICATION OF MEMBERSHIP
- Members are required to be present at the breakdown location for service to be rendered.
- Members must present their valid AA Membership cards to the recovery crew upon their arrival.
- Newly enrolled members, who have yet to receive their AA Membership cards, should present their NRIC/Passport/Driving license for verification purposes.
We seek the understanding of Members to ensure that:
- The breakdown vehicle is not obstructing traffic and the crew is not subjected to potential risks in the course of duty.
- The recovery crew should be allowed to perform their duties without hindrance.
- There is no violation of any traffic rules or regulations.
TOWING CHARGES PAYABLE BY MEMBERS
- Exceeding the Member’s free RAS entitlement, an attendance fee of $53.50 will apply.
- Vehicles that cannot be driven due to an accident, eg: vehicle mounted on curb, knocked into poles, caught fire and vehicles with damaged windscreen / windows.
- If it is the Call Agent’s opinion that the vehicle can be resolved by an AA mechanic but member insists on a straight tow (to workshop).
- Towing of laid-up vehicles.
- Towing for workshop-to-workshop transfer.
- Towing from breakdown location to a destination other than a workshop, including residences.
- Straight tows without an AA mechanics’ verification.
- Towing of vehicles to scrap yard.
- Second towing (i.e. the member changes his mind on towing destination after arriving at first destination).
- Vehicles without valid road tax.
- Vintage cars without valid day coupon.
- Non Singapore-registered car.
Add-on fees of $64.20 are chargeable for non-standard tow which involves the use of a tow dolly or flatbed. It is at the full discretion of AA Call Agents, recovery crew, mechanics and/or authorised staff to assess and decide the type of tow required.
Additional fees (from $160.50 onwards) are applicable for the following car-makes.
The fees quoted include GST.