Last modified: 14 January 2023
AA Service Policy
24-hour Free Roadside Assistance Services (RAS) are rendered to Singapore-registered private passenger car with valid road tax or day license that cannot be driven due to mechanical or electrical failures in Singapore.
RAS is provided to AA Members under the membership entitlement and are governed by AA service policy and terms and conditions.
Click here for the various roadside assistance service entitlement for each category.
AA reserves the right to amend the service policy and terms and conditions without prior notice.
Services provided cover the following:
- Standard towing, where standard towing refers to the use of the tow-truck’s recovery fork to lift the two front wheels of the passenger car off the ground.
- Changing of flat tyres (replacement with member’s spare tyre)
- Petrol top-up (Cost of petrol not included)
- Battery replacement (Cost of battery not included)
- In the event that the car cannot be restarted at breakdown location, it will be towed to a workshop of the member’s choice. Depending on the membership category, fees may be waived under the membership’s entitlement.
- Since 2020, we have discontinued our practice of allowing car owners into the cabin of our recovery trucks and ferrying Members to their destination while their vehicle is on tow. Members are advised to remove all their valuables in their vehicle before the tow.
- Car owners will be asked to assist to start the engine of their vehicles for jump-start and battery replacement cases.
- For breakdowns on expressways, including slip roads, straight tow will be provided for safety reasons irrespective of the cause of breakdown.
- Members are entitled to waiver of RAS fees for Singapore-registered passenger cars with valid road tax. Taxis, motorcycles, light goods (G-plate) and rented vehicles are not entitled to roadside assistance services.
- AA is under no obligation to replace or provide any part(s) to the broken-down vehicle.
VERIFICATION OF MEMBERSHIP
- Members are required to be present at the breakdown location for service to be rendered.
- Members must present their valid AA Membership e-card to the recovery crew for verification upon their arrival.
- Members may also be required to produce their Singapore Driving Licence or NRIC for additional verification if needed.
- Download the AA Singapore app to access your e-card. Click here for the User Guide and FAQ.
We seek the understanding of Members to ensure that:
- The breakdown vehicle is not obstructing traffic and the crew is not subjected to potential risks in the course of duty.
- The recovery crew should be allowed to perform their duties without hindrance.
- There is no violation of any traffic rules or regulations.
FEES THAT ARE PAYABLE BY MEMBERS
- In the event that repair parts, battery replacement and/or petrol top-up is required to restart the car, any cost incurred will be borne by the members.
- Members are required to bear any fees in the course of attending to their cars, ie. car park fees, ERP charges, entry fees (eg: entry to Sentosa) etc.
- Exceeding the Member’s free RAS entitlement, an attendance fee of $54 will apply.
- Add-on fees are applicable for all towing in covered car parks, even if the tow is rendered within the Member’s free RAS entitlement.
TOWING CHARGES THAT ARE PAYABLE BY MEMBERS
- Vehicles that cannot be driven due to an accident, eg: vehicle mounted on curb, knocked into poles, caught fire and vehicles with damaged windscreen / windows.
- If it is the Call Agent’s opinion that the vehicle can be resolved by an AA mechanic but member insists on a straight tow (to workshop).
- Straight tows without an AA mechanics’ verification.
- Towing of vehicles to scrap yard.
- Vintage cars without valid day coupon.
- Non Singapore-registered car.
Add-on fees of $64.80 are chargeable for non-standard tow which involves the use of a tow dolly or flatbed. It is at the full discretion of AA Call Agents, recovery crew, mechanics and/or authorised staff to assess and decide the type of tow required.
Additional fees (from $162 onwards) are applicable for the following car-makes.
The fees quoted include GST and are correct at the time of update.