Your Passport to Overseas Driving
If you're going overseas and plan to drive, having an International Driving Permit (IDP) can minimise inconvenience for drivers in countries where English is not commonly spoken.
Containing driving terms in various languages, the IDP eases communication with car rental companies and other authorities. IDP is the only official legal document sanctioned by the UN Convention on Road Traffic.
Foreigners who wish to convert their licence to a Singapore driving licence, please click here or call the Singapore Traffic Police at 6547 0000 for more information.
IDP fee: $20
IDP Conditions of Issue
- Singaporean applicants must present BOTH valid Singapore Driving Licence and NRIC.
- Foreigners must present BOTH valid Singapore Driving Licence and Employment Pass / FIN card with at least 6 months’ validity.
- The IDP cannot be issued to holders of foreign driving licences; it must be applied in the country where their driving licence was issued.
- The IDP must contain a photograph of the applicant; online applicant can submit a passport-sized photo in JPG format; walk-in applicants’ photo will be taken on-site at no charge. If you are applying on behalf of an applicant, a hardcopy photograph of the applicant is required.
- Should your Singapore Driving Licence be defaced, or if the residency status in your Singapore Driving Licence is different from your NRIC, please contact Singapore Traffic Police for a replacement before applying for an IDP. You can still apply for an IDP with the acknowledgement slip from Traffic Police. If you are required to go overseas before receiving your Singapore Driving Licence, please obtain an extract from Traffic Police. An extract fee is applicable.
List of countries
- The IDP is valid in the territory of all the Contracting States of Convention on Road Traffic of 19 September 1949. Click here for a list of countries in which IDP is recognised. Please note that China,Cambodia and Myanmar do not recognise IDP.
- The IDP is valid for one (1) year from date of issue and is NOT RENEWABLE.
- Applicant's valid Singapore driving licence must accompany the IDP at all times when driving overseas.
- The IDP issued is NOT VALID for use in Singapore or the IDP holder’s home country to which the IDP holder is transferring his residency.
- The IDP is VOID when the IDP holder gives up his/her Singapore Citizenship or Singapore Permanent Residency, or does not have a valid Singapore Employment Pass / FIN card.
- Signature of IDP holder is required on the line directly beneath the photograph.
Reminder: If you are going to a country for any reason other than leisure and intend to stay for a period longer than 3 months, please contact the respective Embassy or Consulate Office of the country of destination to obtain more information on driving licence requirements.
IDP Online Application
Note: The IDP processing and delivery via local courier^^ will take 7 working days.
If you need to get your IDP in less than 7 working days, please walk-in to our outlet and apply over the counter. You can get IDP on the spot. Kindly note that there will be no refund for the duplicate application.
We seek your understanding that our counter staff will not be able to process IDP applications received via the online portal.
Our online payment is accepted via PayPal. Do not have PayPal account? No worries! Simply check out as Guest to make payment using your credit card.
Before applying online, please ensure the following documents are ready
- A copy of your Singapore driving licence (front and back).
- A copy of your NRIC (front and back) for Singaporeans / Permanent Residents.
- A copy of employment pass/FIN Card (front and back) for foreigners.
- A clear coloured passport size photograph of the IDP applicant in plain light background
- Taken within last 2 years
- Image resolution is sharp and clear
- Taken full face
- Photographs with watermark will be rejected and the application will be delayed
^^ IDP is not mailed overseas
For courier service, an additional $5.50 will be added to your cart prior to checkout. You will receive a sms notification to inform you on the delivery status. Should an attempted delivery fails to reach you, a sms notification will be sent to you to arrange for an alternative delivery date and time. If you are not available to receive the delivery at the provided address, please indicate the recipient's name and mobile number who will be collecting the mail on your behalf. Please note that an additional fee will be incurred to redirect your mail following a failed delivery attempt.
For enquiry on delivery status, please contact AA Customer Service at 6333 8811 ext *148.
IDP Walk-in Application
- Applicant must bring along Singapore Driving Licence and NRIC / FIN card.
- Applicant's picture will be taken on-site at no charge.
- If you are applying on behalf of the applicant, a hardcopy of the applicant's passport sized photo, a copy of applicant’s Singapore Driving Licence and NRIC/FIN card are required.
- IDP can be collected on-the-spot within 1 hour.
|AA @ GB Point||AA @ 51 AMK|
535 Kallang Bahru
Mon to Sat: 8.30am to 11pm
Last transaction: 10.30pm
51 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3
Mon to Sun: 10am to 11pm
Last transaction: 10.30pm